These terms and conditions govern any and all use of the site and services available through the Cast44.com (the “Website”).
The Website at is operated by BFN Productions Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), a company registered in Scotland with registered number SC278008 and with our registered address at Caledonia House, 89 Seaward Street, Glasgow, G41 1HJ.
By using the Website, whether you register with us or not, you will be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions, inclusive of any other document specifically referred to, shall form the entire agreement between you and us.
These terms and conditions are occasionally subject to change. Any changes will be effective immediately upon publishing them to the website. It is your responsibility for making sure that you understand and agree to the most up to date terms and conditions.
By continuing your use of the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that have been published.
Who is Cast44 for?
– Cast44 is for any person or company looking to find great talent. These may be people or companies like; television production companies, directors, advertising agencies, casting agencies, theatres, event promotion companies and other advertisers operating in the entertainment industry.
– Cast44 is for anyone who is looking to showcase themselves and their talent, and interested in applying for jobs in the entertainment industry. These will be people such as; actors, models extras etc.(or anyone wanting to become one)
What we provide
Cast44 provides a service allowing
– members who register as a casting agent or advertiser, to place a job listing or advertisement.
– members who register as talent to create a profile and apply for jobs listed by advertisers
– specific communication between the advertiser and talent. e.g. If an advert is placed, members who register at talent may choose to apply to such advertisements, at which point Cast44 will forward the applicant’s details to the advertiser or open a channel of communication between the advertiser and the applicant to which the advertiser has the option to open communications.
The services of Cast44 described here are limited to providing information about
– opportunities and the advertisers to applicants
– providing advertisers with information about applicants seeking work.
The Website is in no other way connected to the advertisers or applicants other than these terms and conditions.
– You can join as a “member” of the site without subscribing to a package, but you may be limited in the functionality available to you. See our membership options.
– Only paying talent members (“subscribers”) can apply to an advert.
– By making your member profile (whether you are a subscriber or not), you acknowledge that any internet user visiting Cast44 may view your profile, including but not limited to your photos and showreels. Creating your profile will also make your profile accessible from search engines.
– By submitting an advertisement, casting call or job on Cast44, you give consent to the use of your branding, name, website, logo and casting call or job posting in marketing and promotional activities of the Website
Being a member and using our site
– We expect you to act professionally and respectful at all times.
– You are to use your membership in a way that does not damage the reputation of Cast44, or any other Cast44 member.
– You are to treat any private message information as private, and not to be shared with anyone or made public.
– By registering with us, and further submitting profile information including, but not limited to text, images and videos, members have confirmed that you are not in breach of any copyright.
– It is your responsibility to keep your username and password safe and secure. Do not disclose your log in or billing information to anyone.
– Minors may become members, but must do so under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian responsible should have sole access to the account, and use the account on the minors behalf.
– You are responsible for ensuring that no material which you post, or is posted to your membership profile
– Your material may be deleted, or membership may be limited, cancelled or deleted at the sole discretion of Cast44, particularly if, but not limited to
– We want to maintain a high level of standard throughout our service, so encourage you to tell us of any instance of misuse, errors on the web site or any of the items listed above from other members.
Using the site if under 18 years old
– This site is intended for people aged 18 and over. By visiting and using this site, you acknowledge that there may be some material that is not suitable for minors. Any minor using our site must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
– Minors may be registered to have an account, however, this must be completed by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian will need to register for them and confirm their name alongside the minors.
– Any use of the site as a registered minor should be carried out by the parent or guardian.
– Minors may not upload images of an adult nature
Posting a job / casting call
– Cast44 has the absolute discretion whether an advertisement placed on the Website shall remain live or be removed. We may remove any advert without requiring to give a reason.
– By submitting a job listing, you, the Advertiser has confirmed that you are not in breach of any relevant laws, whether the job is offering paid or unpaid work.
– You, the advertiser, acknowledge that it is your responsibility to meet all legal obligations in relation to the job offered, and when conducting your casting call or audition.
– By submitting a job listing, you, the Advertiser has confirmed that you are not in breach of any copyright.
Memberships and Subscriptions
– Cast44 does not charge an advertiser for becoming a member, posting an advert / job / casting call, or communicating with applicants (the talent) regarding the advert. No commission is payable by advertisers to Cast44 for successful castings.
– Anyone may create a profile and become a member, but some features are restricted to subscription paying members. Please sign in and see our membership options.
– Cast44 uses billing agents to allow the best security for you (www.stripe.com). Cast44 does not hold or have access to your card or bank details. Payments made through our billing agents are subject to the terms and conditions of the provider.
– Cast44 will bill subscribers on a recurring basis, decided by you at the point of upgrading to a subscription membership. Your payment method will be charged through our billing agents (www.stripe.com. You agree to pay Cast44 (through its billing agent) all fees and charges that have been activated on your membership.
– Cast44 and our Billing Agents reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
– Recurring subscription plans consist of an initial and ongoing payment amount, as agreed by you. By submitting your payment details, you are agreeing that your chosen payment method will be automatically charged at regular intervals.
– Cast44 has no access to your card or account details, and these details are held securely on our billing agents servers, which comply with encrypted communication over secure channels only. You may be required to set up an account with one of our billing agents for the purposes of your recurring payments.
– You must keep your payment method up to date and valid. The information you provide in your account and payment method must be current, complete and accurate. You must update your payment method information to keep your account active (e.g. credit card expiration date, change billing address etc.)
– If you lose your log in, or become aware of a potential security breach, such as unauthorised access to your account. You should use the lost password feature at the log in stage to reset your password or contact us.
– If you lose or believe your chosen payment method has been lost or stolen, you must inform your payment provider, and ensure that a new payment method has been activated in your account to keep your subscription active.
– By you not terminating your membership, cancelling your subscription, or continued use of the website, you agree that your chosen payment method will continue to automatically be charged.
– Your account will revert to the free account if payments are missed, stopped or are unable to be collected by our billing agents. It is your responsibility to keep these details up to date and accurate.
– In the even that Cast44.com is bought over, or ceases to trade, all money paid within the previous 30 days will be refunded in full. any payments over 30 days old shall not be refunded.
Published Material on the Website
While we attempt to ensure that information on our site is correct, Cast44 is not responsible for the content, and makes no guarantee as to the accuracy of information provided by its members. This includes, but is not limited to the information presented on a profile, or any information presented as an advert.
Members should always use their own judgement in deciding whether or not to apply for any of the roles advertised on this site.
We are not liable under any circumstances for the actions of any advertiser or any job opportunity information featured on Cast44.
We are not liable under any circumstances for the actions of any talent, or profile information featured on Cast44
Applying for roles
When you apply for a role, you understand that your contact details, material, or any information entered in to your account may be sent to the advertiser.
Your safety is extremely important to us, and our number 1 piece of advice is to trust your instincts. If something seems suspicious or too good to be true, then it probably is.
On this page you’ll find tips on checking and reporting listings, keeping your information private, and identifying scams. If you have any questions, please contact us.
For more general information about keeping safe on the internet please check out: http://www.saferinternet.org.uk
Is this listing for real?
We are not able to view all listings to try to spot listings that aren’t genuine. We always recommend that you research the company or person you are auditioning for so that you completely understand what the project is and what is expected, before you attend an audition or give out any personal information about yourself.
If you see an audition or job on Cast44 that looks suspicious, please let us know immediately.
Is this email from Cast44?
Unfortunately, a scammer may email you and either pretend to be from Cast44, or contact you through the site with a special (and fake) offer.
Here are a few signs of a scam email:
The spelling or grammar is very poor
The person sending the email is asking you for money (Never send money)
The email claims to be from Cast44, but the email address does not include @Cast44.com
The offer they are making you is generic (e.g. a ‘magazine photoshoot’) with no specific details.
If you receive an email that you’re not sure about, please contact us. Do not deal with the person directly.
How do I make sure an audition is safe?
Check exactly what is required of you before attending an audition.
Use Google or another search engine to research the company or person that you are auditioning for.
Check the location of the audition. If it’s in a hotel or bar, or at someone’s house, that should raise some red flags.
Take a friend, parent, or colleague with you to the audition.
Don’t be afraid to say ‘no’ to anything that you aren’t comfortable doing.
Always read contracts carefully before signing them.
We expect all casting professionals to comply with local legal requirements when it comes to liability insurance in order to protect our members, the general public, and any property. We recommend that you check what kinds of insurance the casting professional provides, plus any other expenses, before you begin an assignment.
If you’ve been contacted about an audition and you feel uncomfortable, please let us know.
What if I’m offered a role in another country?
Cast44 has opportunities that are open to members all around the world. If you accept a role in another country, make sure you do your homework first to check it is genuine and also obtain the appropriate work visas.
How do I know if an agent is legit?
A number of agents use Cast44 to sign new talent. Having an agent can be a great way to find extra work, but you need to be sure that the person claiming to be an agent is legitimate.
Always research an agent thoroughly before signing with them. Be wary of anyone who claims they will make you a star overnight, or who asks you to pay a fee. If an agency asks for a fee that is not mentioned in their casting call on Cast44, please let us know.
Occasionally you might come across an agency that is advertising a workshop, but it should not be a requirement of you joining the agency. They may also ask you to get a new headshot taken, but you should be allowed to choose the photographer.
If you think you might be dealing with a scammer, or you’ve already been scammed, please contact us or talk to your local authorities.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We reserve the right to increase or decrease our fees, or introduce new prices for services at anytime.
Cancelling your subscription membership
– You may cancel your subscription membership at any point. If this is within 7 days of your first subscription payment, you have the right to a refund, provided you have not applied for any advert, and / or made use of the messaging service available within the website. You may cancel at any time by logging into your account, navigate to the “subscription information” tab, and cancelling your subscription.
– An administration fee is charged when processing refunds.
– After 7 days of your first subscription payment, you may cancel your subscription. You will not be due a prorated refund on the current subscription term, and your membership will remain active for that time period (subject to these terms and conditions)
– All material in this website is protected under copyright law. You are not permitted to copy, download, distribute, or publish any material without the express written consent of the Cast44.com
– Use of the Website logo or brand name is only permitted with written permission
– Linking to our homepage is very appreciated, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. If you would like to link to us with our branding or logo, please contact us for permission.
– Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You agree that to the extent permitted by law, we, hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising.
You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses) losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your use of our services.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and are governed by Scots law and the Scottish Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in to any disputes arising from these terms and conditions.